Tess, one of the winners (3 girls, 3 guys) of The Sleepover, wrote a review of her day at the Church of Mars and at The Lab. You can read her review (it’s in Spanish) at its original source here.
Since Google Translate does a poor job and actually mistranslated and took several parts of her post out of context, I took the liberty of doing the work myself for those who don’t understand a thing of Spanish.
So here are the most important/interesting bits from her review:
——— (NOTE: I quote her several times, so please, do notice the quotation marks - it’s her words, not my personal opinion) ———
- Tess landed at LAX and was taken straight to the church where the guys were VyRTing and playing a show later that day. She was late, so when she arrived, VyRT was already over. She met Dai and Emma and then the other winners who told her about their VyRT experience. She met the band afterwards. Jared asked where the 4th winner was, she introduced herself and hugged him. She wanted to hug Shannon and Tomo as well.
- when the concert was over, the band stayed to autograph the CD’s of those who had purchased one. “But they left us waiting there. BIG MISTAKE”.
- “We expected the guys to spend the night with us at The Lab (I’ll talk about that later)”.
- while they were waiting to go to The Lab, she sat with Vicki in the crew room. She was nice, hugged her and they took photos together. Then she went back to the other winners.
- Jared showed up, said goodbye to his friends and asked the winners if they were ready to leave for The Lab. They said “yeah” and Jared said “grab all your stuff then”. He started offering soda (Coke), but they ended up not giving any - “something happened, so I couldn’t have it”.
- in order to drive up to The Lab, the winners were split into groups. One of the guys went with Jamie, the other two guys went with Emma, one of the girls took her own car, and Tess and the other girl went with a guy whose name she can’t remember.
- when they got in the car they were given masks “similar to those you see in the UITA video”, and they were told to put them on exactly when they were ordered to. At a certain point they were told to put the masks on, so they couldn’t see the directions to the house, where it was located. “1000 turns, many roads, 1000 roundabouts, noises. Until we felt dizzy. Finally we parked, we got out, and only when we stepped inside The Lab they took off our masks.”
- they had cake, soda and inflatable mattresses with sleeping bags on the floor. “We started watching their mini-concert at Jimmy Kimmel because it was airing on TV that night”.
- “They brought us pizza, forbid us from taking photos and then took the guy from the UK to see Jared’s bed, which turned out to be a coffin”. (My note: MARS posted a video on Vine here)
- “halfway through Jimmy Kimmel’s mini-concert, me and one of the guys noticed Jared had just walked in, shouted and left. Meaning HE WAS THERE.”
- they went into the actual studio, where they were told about its history, they heard part of a song recorded in NYC. Jared asked them what the next single should be and everyone stated their opinion.
- after this, Jared said goodbye and left the house. “I went up to Dai and asked her if he would come back, but she told me he wouldn’t, because the band had an appointment very early in the morning”. She then realized they weren’t getting their things autographed, and she gave Shayla the gifts.
- “when I told the rest of the guys [about Jared being gone and no autographs] they also got upset. We expected something very different from this. At this point, Emma had left the house as well.”
- “we tried watching The Shining but it wouldn’t work. All the movies we tried were a waste of time. Then Tomo arrived with Vicki and their dog. He was just passing by (which was nice of him), and then he left. And when he left, everyone else left. They left us alone in The Lab. And since we weren’t able to watch any movies, we went to sleep”.
- “At 6:30am Sara [my note: like Dai, Sara works at The Lab] arrived and woke us up. Those who wanted to take a shower took a shower, and then Sara called cabs for us”.
Tess’ final note:
“Yes, I have to admit that I’m sure some of you have had more opportunities to interact with the band. It was very nice, very cool, and even though this was not what we were expecting it to be, and we were eager for more, I am grateful for having been there and for being given this opportunity.”